Launch of SS 607 : 2015 on Specification for Design of Active Fall-Protection Systems
Fall from heights is a major cause of workplace fatalities and serious injuries in Singapore. Fall protection systems and personal protection equipment are part of the safety requirements to be used by workers to prevent falling from heights. It is important to consider the degree of protection required and the appropriateness of the equipment to the situation.
The new SS 607:2015 on Specification for Design of Active Fall-protection Systems specifies the requirements for the design and performance of complete active fall-protection systems, including travel-restraint and vertical and horizontal fall-arrest systems. It complements the Approved Codes of Practice/Singapore Standards related to work at heights and serves to provide more guidance on active fall protection systems to help optimise workers’ health and safety on the job. The seminar, which includes a refresher on the SS 528 series for personal fall arrest systems, will provide the basic foundation for the development of a comprehensive fall protection programme to ensure safe work environment for the workers.
Who Should Attend
- Workplace safety and health professionals, practitioners, engineers, contractors and supervisors.
- Environment, Health & Safety consultants, safety officers and academics.
- Occupier, manufacturers/suppliers and all personnel involving with working at heights activities.
- Relevant government agencies.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of the standards and how they can improve personal and workplace safety and health.
- Legislative requirements relating to Work-at-Height.
- General requirements on fall protection systems, safety criteria and clearance for fall-arrest systems.
Event details are as follows :
Date : 17 November 2015 (Tuesday)
Time : 2:00pm to 5:00pm (registration starts at 1:15pm)
Venue : Concorde Hotel Singapore
Concorde II, Level 3
100 Orchard Road, Singapore 238840
Fee : $ 83.95 / pax (Fee includes a copy of SS 607 and light refreshment)
The seminar is qualified for PDUs by PEB (pending) and 2 SDU points.
How to Register
Please register using the following methods :
2) Fax the completed form to : 6742 5138 (Attn: Ms Ariane Tan) or
3) Post the completed form together with the cheque to :
GESSC Launch on 17 November 2015
c/o P2M Concepts Pte Ltd
629 Aljunied Road, #04-15
Cititech Industrial Building
All cheques should be crossed and made payable to "P2M Concepts Pte Ltd”.
*Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and will be confirmed upon receipt of full payment. For email and fax registrations, please ensure that your cheque reaches us within 5 working days.
No refund will be made for any cancellation but replacements are welcome. The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances.
Breakfast Talk @ A*STAR
Managing Work At Height Successfully
Read more... Upcoming Event